Tuesday, June 2, 2009

New Work, Open Studio

I've been working on 3 new 46 x 48 inch oil paintings. This time I toned the canvases with acrylic before I started pouring oil washes which really jump started the work. Starting with a colored ground is an entirely different process. The goal was to break away from the phthalo blue based work, so I painted one canvas a golden yellow ochre color, one dark green and one ended up cerelean blue so I painted over it with orange letting some blue show through. So 2 of them have blue in them and then the third is the golden red one which I don't evn know if it fits in with the others. I'll let the work speak for it's self.

If you're in the area please stop by I'll have my studio open from 5-8:30 pm at the Delaware Center for the Contemporary Arts in Wilmington, DE on Friday June 5th, check the website for directions http://www.thedcca.org/ There will be gallery openings, music and food. Somehow I'm going to arrange my studio so most of my new work will be visible including about 12 new encaustic paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment