Monday, September 7, 2009

Buttermilk Falls, Ithaca, NY

The last week of our vacation we drove an hour and a half in spitting rain and ate our lunch in the car just to see Buttermilk Falls in Ithaca, NY. Luckily it wasn't a perfect day because we could enjoy the place without sharing it with a lot of people. It stopped raining long enough for us to walk up and for the girls to swim. What is it about rushing water? The sound alone was worth the car ride. It was a steep hike, a lot of stairs to traverse but the view kept improving as we went up. I'm back in the studio working on a big project, I'll post details soon. I can say my summer water adventures will be the inspiration for this new project and for more new paintings too. Water seems to be consuming my creative brain. I am a Scorpio after all.








No comments:

Post a Comment