Thursday, February 25, 2010

Creativity Workshop

I had so much fun this past weekend teaching my Creativity Workshop in Arden DE. My two sisters and my niece came from upstate NY to take the workshop. I was thrilled to have them here and they got to see what I do and experience it first hand. I also appreciate their honest feedback. I refer to the workshop as a journey inward. Like in the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy, the Tin man, the Lion and the Scarecrow, have to go on the journey to discover that they actually already possess what they are seeking. Together we demystify creativity and I provide the necessary experiences to assist in the uncovering of the participants creativity and their desire to make time and space for it in their lives. It's like going back to kindergarten without the rules. I forgot to take pictures again; it's not really something you can capture in pictures anyway. The group really enjoyed the collaborative painting and the freedom to play and explore together, encouraging each other along the way.

Here are some of our painted papers

IMG_0881.JPG


IMG_0882.JPG


Here is my collage, I'm planning to sew on it. It needs something.

IMG_0888.JPG


It's really fun to play without worrying about the results. I was totally focused on process and tried to stress that throughout the workshop by saying "don't think, just paint". Some interesting things usually happen when you approach work this way. Things come out because you're not standing in the way. I have to remember to make more time to do this in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment