Sunday, May 6, 2012

GoggleWorks Opening

A funny thing happened at the GoggleWorks opening on Friday night. My friend Marilyn and I decided to go to the opening since it might be our only chance to see the other work. Great turnout, great work.

IMG_4263.JPG


IMG_4275.JPG


I was really interested in meeting Lyn Godley, one of the jurors. She's an amazing artist and designer of interiors, product, furniture, lighting, and jewelry. She does work with fiber optic lights that you can see in the images from her show at the GoggleWorks here.

I was actually standing next to her and chatting her up about my piece when they started to announce the awards. She tapped me and said "Aren't you getting one of these?" When she saw I had no idea what she was talking about she back peddled and said "Well I put my vote in but I don't really know what they decided." 3rd place was announced, then 2nd, then 1st and I thought oh I guess I'm not getting an award. I saw that Lauralynn wasn't leaving the podium and there was one more award and she said something about this person is winning because of the 3 pieces she has in the show and then I knew. I won Best in Show and the award is a solo show, March 9 - April 14, 2013 in the Cohen Gallery which is a massive section of the first floor gallery space. I went up to get my award and turned around to find people snapping pictures of me. A reporter and photographer from the local paper the Reading Eagle were there and asked to interview me for an upcoming article. I really didn't see this coming and was in complete shock.

The funny part is I had some postcards of my paintings that I whipped out to show Lyn and Laralynn. They didn't even know I painted and said they can't wait to see my show. I can't wait to get to work.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome Lin! I am so glad I saw that ad for the nuno felting class I took in Marathon. I feel I influenced your artistic path and you have really taken off with it.

    ReplyDelete