Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year

Happy New Year! I had a great artist's reception today at Sweet Basil Thai Cuisine. Thank you to everyone who came out, and a special thank you to Griselda and Paul. If you missed it my paintings are up for a few months so you have plenty of time to see them and have a meal, I can't say enough about the food.

Almost as soon as I got home from New York state where I spent Christmas with my family I started nuno felting. I had a few parties on my calender and I'd always prefer to make something than to go shopping. Here's some of my new bracelets. I even managed to get a few on my Etsy site.

IMG_0468.jpg


IMG_0479.jpg


IMG_0483.jpg


IMG_0495.jpg


I'm excited about the color scheme and the new techniques I tried. I'm leaving a lot of the organza showing in more defined shapes and I really like the look. The colors look like the winter landscape that I love so much. I even photographed some on a bit of snow left in my back yard.
IMG_0445.JPG


IMG_0446.jpg


There is something about the limited color palette of winter that I find very beautiful and peaceful. On the trip to upstate NY, I stared at hours of black shale with icicles frozen in mid motion and acres of white birch trees. Ahh...

No comments:

Post a Comment